With everything going on it can be difficult to find some of our most eaten food. Bread is definitely one of those foods. Flour and yeast certainly can be too, but not as scarce as already made bread.
With that in mind, here is one of my best recipes for white bread!
2C Warm water
2/3 C Sugar
1 1/2 TBSP yeast
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 C oil
6-7 1/2 C flour
1. Place sugar and water in a bowl. Lightly mix to dissolve sugar.
2. Sprinkle with yeast and let dissolve 5-15 minutes
3. Add salt, oil and three cups of the flour. Mix together.
4. Add three more cups of flour, one cup at a time. Use the dough hook to mix. Mix until dough pulls from sides of bowl. Add more flour by the spoon full if the dough isn’t pulling from the sides of the bowl.
5. once the dough comes together and pulls from the sides of the bowl knead by hand or use the dough attachment. It needs to be slightly sticky, but not leave a mess.
6. Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
7. Divide dough in half, put in 2 greased bread pans. Cover and rise for 1 ore hour.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Once you remove it from the oven brush the tops with butter allow it to cool on the stovetop.
This bread is especially amazing while warm and fresh. After that, it can get a little crumbly, put the slices in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it back up.
Until next time friends,